Saturday, May 18, 2013

Saturday's Smile


I know I'm not the first one to think of the "Tulip Hat" photo, but I couldn't resist making my own. :)


I've been making hats.


Lots of hats. Doll hats to be exact.
 

They are all for the local Head Start. With all of the budget cuts I decided to do a little bit to help out. I will also be sending doll blankets, play kitchen oven mitt/potholder sets, shawls and boas for playing dress up, and assorted other toys and learning aids. All crocheted of course. :)


I don't usually promote specific charities on the blog, but if you are so inclined, give your local head start a call and ask them how you can help them with an "In Kind" contribution. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the group shots of the hats look wonderful. The hat tulips make me smile :) You've done a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! I've got 10 more hats to go. I'm thinking about doing them in a brimmed/newsboy style, something that will appeal to the boys. :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you so please leave me a comment. I will try to respond asap. :)

I don't, however, love to hear from spammers so I've had to turn on comment moderation. My apologies if it takes a little while for your comment to show up.