Saturday, July 27, 2013

Stash Busting Progress

I know there are lots of you out there who can relate to the need for stash busting. Yes we can never have too much yarn, but at some point we must admit to ourselves that we need to use at least as much as we buy, mustn't we?

Well I don't know about all that, but I did silently make a resolution to my self, and my pocketbook, this year that I would try not purchase any new yarn until I've used up the majority of my "peripheral" stash.

Flower Power washcloths, pattern can be found here.

I do like to maintain a "core" stash of my most used yarns, specifically Red Heart Super Saver, and Sugar'n Cream/Peaches 'n Creme/Handicrafter cotton. It pains me to know I won't be shopping for yarn for a good long while, but I think of all the money I'll save and it seems like it might be worth it in the end... maybe...

Doll Dresses, pattern can be found here

This is the remainder of my Cotton Tots Stash. Only a few yards of each left. I'll use it to make a few more flowers and maybe some little bows to add as embellishments. Can't waste a single inch!


Next is my stash of I Love This Cotton. Some more doll dresses. Some doll bibs. Maybe some more washcloths... Has anyone ever used it for a wearable? Was thinking of maybe making a sweater for Ben with the blue and neutral colors of ILTC I have on hand?

EDIT: added links for the patterns above. As an extra note, the little dresses I made smaller for baby dolls by using an H hook for the starting chain and first row, then use an I hook for the rest. I also only worked a total of 12 rnds.

10 comments:

  1. Those little dresses are cute - are they dishcloths? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debi, thank you. :) They are actually baby doll dresses. My daughter will be teaching preschool this year so I've been making some goodies for the kids to play with.

      Delete
    2. What a great idea. The kids will love it. :)

      Delete
  2. I am stuck on the 5th row of the dress. Could you please help me? It is the arm hole row. I tried but didn't look right. Thank you. If u need my email address it is thrs60@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Therese, for the arm hold row you just work until you each the first ch 1 space, don't do the increase like you did in previous rows, instead you just do 1 dc in that space, then you skip the next several stitches (14 I think) and do 1 dc in that next ch 1 sp, that creates the armhole, then you work across the back, then you make the second armhole same as you did the first. Hope that helps, if not let me know!

      Delete
  3. I need some help on the dress. I am on row 5. I don't understand it. I no this is not your pattern but I don't no who else to ask. I have been crocheting for years I don't crochet clothes very often. I thought this would be cute for my granddaughters dolls. If u need it my email address is thrs60@flail.com. I will check back. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am stuck on the 5th row of the dress. Could you please help me? It is the arm hole row. I tried but didn't look right. Thank you. If u need my email address it is thrs60@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects for all the stash ... the dresses are adorable, love the dishcloth. Think I'm going to do a few. Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow !! doll dresses are very beautiful. this is a great idea. kids will love this Doll dresses. Thanks !!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so please leave me a comment. I will try to respond asap. :)

I don't, however, love to hear from spammers so I've had to turn on comment moderation. My apologies if it takes a little while for your comment to show up.