Friday, January 15, 2010

College Bound!

For the past several months I've been looking at my profile blurb and thinking to myself, "I really need to change that... I'm not a student anymore." But I really dreaded the thought of un-labeling myself a student.

When we first arrived here in Missouri my last semester at AACC had just ended. I was still in school mode... I couldn't wait to get back in the classroom. But I would need to wait a year to gain residence status, or be subject to the high tuition costs. I truly worried that my desire to finish my education would wane, and for a while it seemed like that is exactly what would happen.

But today I picked myself up by the bootstraps as it were, filled out FAFSA, ordered my transcript from AACC, and filled out my college application. I will be starting MSU in August 2010!!

I'm very excited, and very proud. :)

"GO GRIZZLIES!"

3 comments:

  1. Good for you!! Congrats and everybody is proud for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I was an adult college student also and it was the best. I wish all the best and I know you will do well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations April!! Great news... wish I could figure out what I want to be when I grow up... LOL

    Good luck! I'm sure you'll be GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so please leave me a comment. I will try to respond asap. :)

I don't, however, love to hear from spammers so I've had to turn on comment moderation. My apologies if it takes a little while for your comment to show up.