Monday, March 17, 2008

Felted Flower Magnet

Finished size: Approx. 2-3 inches, depending on what type of yarn is used and how it felts.

Materials:
small round magnet, small decorative button or charm (optional), (US) size H hook, small amount of worsted weight feltable wool. (Example was made using Paton’s Classic Merino Wool in Black)

Round 1: ch 3, 7 sc in 3rd ch from hook, join with sl st in top of beg ch, do not turn. (8 sc)

Round 2: ch 12, sc in same st, *(sc, ch 10, sc) in next st, rep from * around. Join with sl st in 2nd ch of beg ch 12 (this leaves 10 ch for the loop). (16 sc, and 8 ch 10 spaces)

Fasten off. Weave in ends.

Felt as desired.

Glue magnet to back.

Glue or sew button or charm to center front of flower.

**Can also be made into a pin by attatching a pin back in place of the magnet.**

Pattern designed and written by April Moreland
© 2008 All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you so please leave me a comment. I will try to respond asap. :)

I don't, however, love to hear from spammers so I've had to turn on comment moderation. My apologies if it takes a little while for your comment to show up.