Sunday, April 3, 2011

Knitting & Crochet Blog Week: Day Seven


Day seven: 3rd April. Your knitting and crochet time.
Write about your typical crafting time. When it is that you are likely to craft – alone or in more social environments, when watching TV or whilst taking bus journeys. What items do you like to surround yourself with whilst you twirl your hook like a majorette’s baton or work those needles like a skilled set of samurai swords. Do you always have snacks to hand, or are you a strictly ‘no crumbs near my yarn!’ kind of knitter.

My crochet/crafting time really has no rhyme or reason. With a 3 year old in the house, it's nearly impossible to find a decent block of uninterrupted crochet time. I do try to sneak in a little here and there during the day, but between Ben, cooking, housework (which I can never seem to keep up with!), and other miscellaneous distractions, my daytime schedule is pretty much spoken for.

I am a tad more successful finding some quiet time in the evenings after Cyndi gets home. When I can finally settle in for some quality hookin' time my list of requirements is short. First and foremost, I must have a cold drink nearby. Sometimes it's water or Coke, but usually it's iced green tea with lemon. The only other thing I need is something to listen to.

In an ideal world it would be my favorite radio station, DC101. (I have yet to find a decent radio station anywhere other than the Delmarva area.) I prefer radio because, for me, the television is visually distracting. I've never been able to "get" people that can just "listen" to the TV. I guess I'm a visual person through and through.

Instead of radio, it's usually the TV until everyone else goes to bed for the night. This is when I can finally get some "me time" to use how I please. Sometimes I watch a movie, but usually I crochet. Below are a couple of pictures from my favorite hooking spot, the couch.

My Cup O' Hooks

And the bookcase where I keep my WIPs

2kcbwday7

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you so please leave me a comment. I will try to respond asap. :)

I don't, however, love to hear from spammers so I've had to turn on comment moderation. My apologies if it takes a little while for your comment to show up.