Friday, February 19, 2010

What's In A Name?

I've been thinking it's time for another change around here...

When I updated the look of this blog a while back I had also considered a name change, but at the time thought it prudent to hang onto the Dishcloth Diaries label. I didn't want to confuse or lose anyone. All the links people have bookmarked to thier computers, not to mention the links on Ravelry, CPC, my sidebar... Yes, I was (and still am) feeling selfish for not wanting to change all of that.

But when it comes right down to it, Dishcloth Diaries just doesn't seem appropriate any longer. The name no longer represents me or the purpose of this blog. I haven't had a dishcloth on my hook or needles in quite a while, and well... I'm just plain getting bored with the name.

I've been trying on a few ideas just for fun. Let me know what you think!
It's Crochet By Me. (A play on the phrase "it's okay by me")

April's Crochet Palette. (If it works for my Yahoo! group it will work for my blog, right?)

The Left Side of Crochet. (One: because I'm left handed. And Two, because I think it sounds fun and quirky ;)

The Blog Formerly Known As Dishcloth Diaries (Nah... just kidding! LOL)

I still don't know if I'll actually do this. I do have one possible solution for the bookmarks/links/etc... I could just leave the URL as is and just change the name only. Hmmm... something to think about.

6 comments:

  1. Leaving the URL and changing the name was my first thought so you don't lose anyone. I am partial to Aprils Crochet Palette myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a leftie myself, I got a kick out of "The Left Side of Crochet".

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Left Side of Crochet sounds good to me. It does sound quirky but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the left side of crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like all the suggestions - even the "blog formerly known as..." only because I'm a fan of Prince... LOL My top two choices would be "It's Crochet By Me" and "The Left Side of Crochet"...

    Maybe you and Cyndi should set up a Blog account for little Ben... sounds like he's got some stories to tell or something! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your comments everyone! I'm kind of in favor of The Left Side of Crochet as well. :) I will go with that, but maybe subtitle it with Dischcloth Diaries, at least for now, in hopes of less confusion.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so please leave me a comment. I will try to respond asap. :)

I don't, however, love to hear from spammers so I've had to turn on comment moderation. My apologies if it takes a little while for your comment to show up.